Due to the impact of COVID-19 the AFAC Board of Directors made the difficult decision at the June 9, 2020 AFAC board meeting to move the 2020 NFC to a virtual competition.
The regional teams advancing to the National Firefighting Competition are:
Alberta – Maskwacis
Saskatchewan – Morin Lake
Quebec – Mashteuiatsh
Atlantic – Elsipogtog
- Submission of a fire prevention / public education video based on the 2020 NFPA Fire Prevention Week theme (Serve up Fire Safety in the Kitchen) See the last section for video details and requirements.
- Video submission of the two drawn competition runs.
- All team must register to be eligible for awards.
- Competition Award – All teams who register and complete the video competition runs and video fire prevention / public education video will win a new set of bunker gear or equivalent amount of specific equipment chosen by the department.
- Regional winning teams will be provided the following value of equipment: first place team, $3,000; second place, $2,000; third place, $1,000.
- National winning teams will be provided the following value of equipment: first place team, $10,000; second place, $7,500; third place, $5,000.