Despite the challenges posed by COVID-19, a lot has happened since April 2020. Progress on the NIFSC project continues to move forward. Here are some of the highlights:
- A project manager and the key project team were contracted to direct activities in the areas of program development, program delivery, corporate development, research, and communications.
- The program development team contracted five new team members and started developing 12 new programs.
- In August 2020 program deliveries began with Home Safety Assessments (HSA) and Fire Department Assessments (FDA).
- A research project creating a demographic profile of at-risk people and places in Indigenous communities within Canada was completed in August and will help guide the NIFSC in the creation and delivery of appropriate programs.
- Project communications continue to build awareness and engagement through project updates, blog posts, social media posts, and the newsletter. Work continues on the NIFSC website and it will go live this fall.