The IFMO Project Overview Report has been released. This report answers the important questions of:
- Who are we?
- What are we doing?
- Why are we doing it?
- How are we going about it?
We have heard from communities that we are asking too many questions, and not taking enough action. We have heard these concerns and acknowledge them in this report. We are asking questions because we believe that your knowledge and opinions are important and will help us design a sustainable, meaningful organization. Communities hold the necessary knowledge to move this project forward!
Our questions and our collaborative process have allowed us to begin to take action in the following areas:
- Organizational and governance structure
- Defining codes and standards
- Creating a National Database
- Building capacity and training
- Community advocacy
- Fire prevention programs and service delivery